Modern Gynecology & Reproductive Health is finally up and running. This has been a labor of blood, sweat, many tears and ultimately, of love. As we open, I’m compelled to look back at the journey.
My past five years have been filled with transition:
- Turned 50
- Changed marital status
- Changed homes
- Changed work situation – twice!
- Sent two children to college
All of these events clarified what I want to achieve in the latter half of my life, and have helped me crystallize the type of person that I want to be.
- I am a physician. That is a huge part of what defines me. I’m proud of the work that it has taken to reach this point and I am proud of this profession.
- I want to surround myself with people who see this work in the same way.
- I want to work in a supportive, beautiful environment.
- I want to challenge myself, and my staff to look at this work in bold new ways while maintaining the highest level of quality and service.
- I want to have fun at work.
In the coming months, we will deepen our connections to members of our community that provide services that can enrich and support our patients
- Primary care physicians, such as Dr. Shawn Hayden, Dr. J O Patterson III & Dr. Allison Stiles to provide resources for services & care that we do not offer
- Non-profit organizations such as OUTMemphis and Friends for Life to help integrate more effectively with the LQBTQ+ community
- Dr. Laura Detti with UTMG for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility services
- Extended services such as yoga and pelvic floor therapy
Reaching this point in my life has been transitional. I want to exist in a space, both physical and mental, that is productive and enriching. I am incredibly lucky to have had such overwhelming support in building this practice. We encourage you to come see our beautiful office at 1407 Union Avenue, Suite 1401, and we ask that you share your expectations and concerns with us. We have not gotten this far alone and we look forward to sharing the next steps of this journey with you!